Spring is a wonderful time because not only does it bring warmth and sunshine, but it also brings sales! Who doesn’t love a good sale? But eventually those sales end, and you still need (or want 😉) some new products, without breaking the bank. Enter this week’s 10 Under $10 series! I’m going to feature ten makeup, skincare, and body products that I love that cost less than $10 each. I stuck with products that were $10 USD before taxes, coupons, or discounts. I didn’t include prices as they can vary from store to store, but did base this on what I would pay at the time of posting. Now that everything is all explained, let’s get to the products!
10 Under $10 – Makeup
- L’Oreal True Match liquid foundation – With a huge range of colors, tones (cool, neutral, or warm), and two finishes (Original or Lumi), this foundation works for a wide variety of people. I had a tough time deciding between this or Maybelline Fit Me, but L’Oreal’s finish is so natural and skin-like that it beats out Maybelline’s by just a smidge. The formula is lightweight yet has buildable coverage, with a hint of SPF.
- Essence Lipliners – Creamy and pigmented, these lipliners are my absolute favorite. And they are so cheap! My favorite is “In The Nude,” a soft, neutral color I can use with pretty much anything. “Satin Mauve” is another highly used color that is a favorite among many. These also work well on their own or under a simple gloss.
- Jack Black lipbalm – I know a lot of people have a hard time paying anything over $2 for Lipbalm, but this stuff…there are no words. It is amazing! It brings relief to dry lips, and stays put without feeling sticky. I’ve turned quite a few people onto this balm, and one guy even went out and bought two more after receiving one as a gift from me, juuust at in case he misplaced one! The flavors these come in are so unique, though it is available in a simple Shea version, and Mint as well.
- ELF Studio brushes – Quality brushes make applying your makeup so much easier, but this line proves you don’t have to spend a fortune to have quality brushes. There are eye brushes and face brushes, all with sleek black handles. The bristles are soft and don’t fall out after one wash either, making them incredibly worth the money. for anyone wondering why I chose these over Real Techniques brushes, I went by the fact I can buy three of these for the cost of one Real Technique brush, and I like them equally!
- Maybelline Full N Soft Mascara – I don’t know if I have a favorite mascara, but this one comes the closest. I’ve bought multiple tubes over the years and will continue to repurchase because it just WORKS. It doesn’t clump on me, and gives volume without sacrificing length. Plus, it’s easy to remove.
- NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder – Brows frame your face and help bring attention to your eyes, so it’s important to give them some attention, especially if you’re not blessed with wonderful brows naturally. This little wonder has wax, two brow color shades, a mini spooly and mini angled brush to make filling them in a breeze. The color for blondes is also high quality, and doesn’t fun too warm, which can be hard to find.
- Hard Candy eyeshadow single in Attractive – Part shimmery, part metallic, completely wonderful. This brown can be built up or sheeted out, making it a great color for when you simply don’t want to think. This is the only color I have from this line, but I like it so much I had to include it.
- NYX lip anything – From their famous butter glosses, to the lip creams, to the jumbo lip crayons, NYX knows their way around a lip product. The pigmentation is great, and color color selection has brights, nudes, and vampy colors, with plenty in between. They also smell delicious! Well, most of them. Those jumbo lip pencils are nothing to write home about, but the glosses smell incredible!
- Rimmel London lipsticks by Kate Moss – I have a pinky nude and a real red from this line, and I love both of them. They apply easily, wear well, and the colors are gorgeous. They also smell pretty good too, in case you wondered. The packaging is classy, with either a red tube with black “Kate” signature, or a black tube with a red signature, so if I’m in a situation that calls for me to be much more of an adult than I think I am, this lipstick won’t blow my cover if I pull it out of my clutch in the powder room for a touch up.
- ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder – this is such an amazing little duo that includes a huge mirror. I’ve heard this suggested as a dupe for Nars Laguna/Orgasm duo, but I find the blush is just a tad more peach. Either way, it’s gorgeous and the bronzer is great too. It has some shimmer, but it barely shows on my skin, which is good because this girl does not like shimmer face products!
Stayed tuned this week for 10 Under $10 skincare and body products, and share your thoughts on! Are there any $10 products you love that I should check out? Let me know in the comments below!